The Scribes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scribes

Short Stories and Poems of all different generes by aspiring authors A. R. Laine and Sophii

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short Story- Private Lives, Private Lies Part 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arlaine
Admin
arlaine

Short Story- Private Lives, Private Lies Part 3 Empty
PostSubject: Short Story- Private Lives, Private Lies Part 3   Short Story- Private Lives, Private Lies Part 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Part 3

The rest of the day seemed to take forever. After Biology Alexis had Calculus and that was her least favorite subject. Her first day at Woodrow-Moore had already been overly eventful and honestly the only thing she wanted to do is go to her room, where she still hadn’t had a chance to unpack, and pass out on the unmade bed. She was happy that her father shelled out the extra cash for a private room because she was a girl who needed her privacy. She was like her father in that way. Her father would set up shop in his office all day and night, getting things done and talking to no one.

She hurried to the main doors of the school so that she could get out of the building first. She didn’t want to see anyone, mainly Ethan. Just as she turned the corner of the school she ran straight into C.C. who was standing on the side of the school, smoking.

“Hey Lexi!” she said as she took one last drag of her cigarette before throwing it on the ground.

“Hey.” Alexis said hesitantly. She didn’t want to be rude but she didn’t want to talk either.

“Where are you headed too in such a rush?”

“My room, just my room.” Alexis stated hoping that C.C would take that answer and leave her alone.

“Well you should come with me, I’m gonna get Sammie and David then head to Madison’s and Ethan’s to go swimming. It’s warm enough still. We don’t have too much longer before it’s gonna be too cold.” C.C said with a cheerful tone.

“Oh no thanks I’m just gonna go to my room. I’m so tired; this first day has wiped me out.” Alexis explained, trying to get out of it. The thought about swimming with people who were total strangers didn’t sound appealing to her although it was thoughts like those that kept her from having friends. She had a couple close friends at her last school but they weren’t around anymore and even if they were they wouldn’t think about her. Even if she didn’t have a phobia about meeting people she didn’t want to be anywhere close to Ethan.

“Trust me the water will wake you up!” C.C said.

“I didn’t pack a suite so…” Alexis said, still trying to get out of the situation. These people don’t know how to take no for an answer do they? She thought.

“You can barrow one of mine. We look about the same size. I won’t take no for an answer. We need another female, trust me. The guys out number us and I need someone besides Madison to talk too because there are just curtain things a girl can’t tell her.” C.C explained as she wrapped her arm around Alexis and walked towards the dorms with her. They dropped off her books and headed to C.C’s room where C.C put on a sexy yellow bikini that made her hair stand out more then normal. While she was pulling on a tight pair of jeans she told Alexis to look threw the draw for a cute one and try it on.
Alexis went threw the whole draw and finally found a one piece, it was black so she wouldn’t stand out as much as C.C did. Rather then changing in front of someone, she went to the restroom that was attached to the room. When Alexis came out she was fully dressed with a tee and jeans on, covering everything that she could. They walked to the set of dorms across the field that were the boys’ and walked in the door. They walked up two sets of stairs and knocked on the first door they saw. Sammie opened the door with an uneasy look on his face. He looked as if he was going to be sick honestly.

“What is it?” Alexis asked. Sammie pointed into the room. Both Alexis and C.C looked in to see David with a girl, on the bed who was half naked. Alexis’ eye grew wider and she hurried to get out of the room. She really didn’t want to see that. Apparently David had no shame.

“David!’ C.C yelled. Alexis assumed that she was use to it from the way she was acting. David jumped up from the girl’s bare chest and looked in their direction.’ Let’s go! You don’t wanna piss off Madison because were late do you?”

“Right, get out.’ David told the nameless girl as he pointed towards the door. The girl looked stunned as she grabbed for her green cashmere sweater.’ Hurry the hell up uh…” David couldn’t even remember the girl’s name, how pathetic was he? The girl finally got her shirt around her body and ran out of the room. C.C, Sammie and Alexis just looked at him.

“What? Don’t judge me new girl.” He said as he walked threw while giving her a wink. Damn these guys were flirts!

They walked out and jumped into Sammie’s orange mustang convertible. Alexis thought that someone as well off as Sammie supposedly was, would have a higher end car. They drove off and ended up at a large brick house that was surrounded by greenery, tall trees and a huge iron gate. Sammie drove to the front of the house and put it in park. Everyone got out and walked threw the house to the back where they found Madison in a tight purple, string bikini laying on a clear lounge chair soaking in the sun while floating on the water.

“What’s up babe?” Sammie said with a huge grin on his face. Madison pulled down her black sunglasses and rolled her eyes. Sammie then threw his towel down on a near by chair and did a cannonball into the pool, splashing Madison.

“Sammie you asshole!” she yelled once he reached the surface. Alexis could understand what Sammie was talking about when he said that he and Madison had been seeing each other long enough. She knew she wasn’t a strong enough person to date her and she thought Sammie was a brave person to do so.

C.C. took Alexis’ towel and her own and threw them on the chairs as well as stripped off her jeans so that she could set on the side of the pool, because she didn’t want to get her hair wet. Madison encouraged Alexis to take off her clothes and get in. Slowly, but surely she pealed off her pants and tee shirt and she was more then uncomfortable, she felt as if her whole body was red. Her modest black one piece must have looked good on her because Sammie and David both stopped mid conversation, their jaws dropped.

“Umm can I use the restroom?” Alexis asked wanting to get out of the spot light. Madison pointed her in the direction of the house and David said that he wanted to find Ethan so he would show her. She followed him in not seeing the dirty look that Madison gave C.C. When Sammie didn’t stop drooling she slapped him across the chest, breaking his concentration.

“What?” he asked, shrugging his shoulders.

Inside David walked Alexis to the bathroom. When she closed the door he turned around to fine Ethan walking towards them. David ran over, pulling Ethan to the side of the hallway, to tell him what had just happened. Inside the restroom Alexis took a deep breath and splashed water on her face, I can do this! She thought out loud. She opened the white door to over hear David talking to Ethan and instead of walking out she listened in to what they had to say.

“Dude she is gorgeous! Your sister was so pissed looking, even Sammie was staring.” David said in a low voice.
“Oh yeah? There is something about her man,’ Ethan said.’ I have to have her.”

“Well I’ll do what I can to help ya out but I think Sammie has an eye for her too.” David advised his friend. Sammie had Madison but apparently he didn’t care much about her.

“Forget Sammie, all I have to do is tell Madison he’s eyeing someone and she’ll put him on a shorter leash then normal. Nah I got this, she will be mine.” Ethan said with excitement in his voice. Alexis tried not to laugh out loud. The thought of her and Ethan together made her laugh and made her queasy. She heard them walking down the hall and decided to walk out into the hallway as well and “run into them” by accident.

“Oh I’m sorry.” She said as she ran straight into them. They both smiled but she watched as Ethan pushed David out the door.

“Hey Lex.” Ethan said with grin.

“Hey, you have a beautiful home. Reminds me of my house back home.” She said with tears forming in her eyes. She didn’t want to cry in front of anyone especially Ethan. He put placed his hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

“Are you alright?” he asked kinda. He didn’t sound like his normal egotistical self. His voice was gentle.
“Yeah I’m okay. Thinking about home makes me…sad.” She explained.

“You miss it a lot huh?” he asked.

“Something like that.” She wiped her eyes and said that she was fine. He held her, looking into her eyes.

“Besides my sister, everyone else is cool. Madison can be a bitch at times, just try to stay out of her way if you can. David, Sammie and I are completely laid back. We’ve back stabbed each other in the past but it’s nothing big. We grew up together so it was bound to happen. C.C. is tight with Madison but I know she hides things from her. She’s hooked up with Sammie before and Maddie still doesn’t know. If she did, C.C. wouldn’t be here.’ Alexis nodded.’ Basically the four of us will be your real friends, Maddie not so much.

“And what about you, are you really a whore?” she asked him already knowing the answer.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. Guess you’ll find out.’ He said. His confident smile was back.’ Wanna go for a swim?” she smiled at him, biting her lip slightly.

They walked out of the house and ran for the crystal clear pool, jumping in.

The sun went down, the stars came out. Everyone was still in the pool until Madison demand that Sammie get out and go in the house with her. Alexis and C.C. were left with Ethan and David. C.C. was the only one who still hadn’t been completely in the pool and looked as if David was going fix that. He picked her up by her tiny waist and swam with her out into the middle of the pool. She didn’t seem to mind him doing so as long as her head didn’t go under. He assured her that he wouldn’t do that and moved in and kissed her, his left hand on the back of her head and his right still curled around her. C.C.’s arms wrapped around his neck. Alexis looked shocked and before she knew it they were also leaving the pool and headed inside. As she watched them leave she didn’t see Ethan swim up next to her. When she noticed him she was spooked but didn’t want him to see her jump.

“I uh…I should be getting home.’ She said as she pulled herself out of the water and hurried over to the chairs where her towel and clothes were,’ well back to the dorms.” She was nervous. Why was she nervous for?

“Do you really have to leave?” she heard Ethan ask.

“Yeah I really should. I have three more classes to learn tomorrow and I need sleep.” She said as she pulled her shirt over her head. She heard Ethan get out of the pool and walk over to her.

“I’ll help you with your classes tomorrow. Come on stay a little longer.” He seemed to be practically begging her too. She didn’t want to give into his charm no matter how hot he was.

“No I really should go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said as she walked by, towel in hand. She rushed through the house, not knowing where everyone else was and didn’t want to run into them. Once she was outside the gate that surrounded the house she realized how far she was from school. She didn’t want to go back in and ask for a ride but she didn’t want to walk, alone, on an empty road. The good thing was that there was a full moon out that night so she did have some light. She started walking and got a good distance away when she heard a car coming from behind her, speeding. She moved to the right side of the road to allow the car to pass but rather then moving on it stopped. It was a black Dodge Viper. When it stopped dusty from the dirt that flew up from the road, swirling about her.

She coughed.

The black tented window rolled down slowly. Alexis walked closer, although she had always been taught not to get in the car with strangers, but she didn’t see a total stranger.

“What do you want?” she said with a heavy sigh.

“Well I couldn’t let you walk all the way back to the school alone now could I?’ He said. Alexis didn’t know what to say so she just started to walk off in a huff. He started to drive slowly beside her.’ Come on Lexi. Get in the damn car.” She stopped.

“Why should I trust you? I heard what you said, in the house when you were talking to David. I’m not just something you can you use and throw away. I’m not like Madison or C.C.; I don’t wanna be a random hook up.” She explained as she looked through the window.

“You heard us? Why didn’t you say something?’ she gave him a look that said are-you-kidding,’ oh right. Look I know you’re different Lexi and I…if you don’t want to get to know me then I won’t push.” Alexis looked as if she was getting frustrated.

“I didn’t say I didn’t want to get to know you.” She said. Ethan smiled and unlocked the door. Unwillingly she grabbed the door handle and pulled it open. She settled in the black leather seat and folded her damp towel across her lap. Ethan put the car into drive and hit the gas. They were going faster then they should have been going but for some reason Alexis didn’t care. Honestly she had always liked going fast; it made her feel alive so this was nothing to her. After a very long ten minute drive Alexis finally got sight of the Woodrow-Moore Academy. The campus didn’t have a lot of lighting around the dorms so when Ethan parked the car they were engulfed in darkness. Neither of them said a word.

“I better go.” She said as she grabbed for the door handle but stopped. She turned around to him, biting her lip.

“So maybe we can get together tomorrow afternoon during your free period and talk about our project?” Ethan suggested. Alexis nodded.

“Yeah sure so I’ll see you tomorrow around two thirty? In the Library?’ she asked. He threw a thumbs up in her direction and she turned to leave, trying not to slam the door behind her. She didn’t notice that Ethan was also out of the car. ‘What are you doing?” she asked.

“I wouldn’t be much of a gentleman if I didn’t walk you to your door. There are weirdos out here.” He said with a smile as she walked along with his hand on her back.

All Alexis wanted to do was sleep. Her first day of school was eventful and she was kind of leery about her second day. She had three new teachers to meet, three new classes to attend and then she had to meet Ethan for studying. She knew that she didn’t trust Madison for sure and she didn’t know if she trusted C.C., David or Sammie either. Then there was Ethan, whether she trusted him or not wasn’t the only problem when it came to him, she didn’t know if she could trust herself with him.

Ethan walked her to the door, said good night and waited until she closed the door. Looking out her window she watched as he stood at his car for a moment before he got in a drove off.
Back to top Go down

Short Story- Private Lives, Private Lies Part 3
Page 1 of 1