The Scribes

Short Stories and Poems of all different generes by aspiring authors A. R. Laine and Sophii

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Timber Creek- Part 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arlaine
Admin

PostSubject: Timber Creek- Part 4   Mon May 24, 2010 12:10 am

They kept walking threw the rain; down the side of the creek until they were about a mile down then they stopped. Matt let go of her hand and walk a few steps away from her. She was puzzled by his actions. He looked out towards the river and let out a deep breath. His head lowered,he turned back to her to find her setting on a large rock. He walked over and sat beside her. He didn’t look into her eyes; he could not because of what he was going to tell her.

“Matt what is it?” Tara said, placing her hand on his cheek raising his face to be even with hers.

“It wasn’t just me, it was me and another person but I told him that I wouldn’t say.” Matt started but was interrupted by Tara.

“What is it? Whats wrong?”

“We killed her!” he finally blurted out. He looked terrified and he was. He couldn’t believe the words that had came out of his mouth. Tara slowly got the same terrified look on her face that he had. Oddly enough she didn’t run away, she didn’t even move. She embraced him warmly considering they both were soaking and wet. The rain was cold and felt like sharp needles on their skin.
“You did what?” she asked after she finally pulled away from his torso.

“That little girl, the Kimball girl…we killed her and I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been talked into something so easily. You know to that I didn’t want too and I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay.”

“No it’s not. Her body is just over there around those rocks. I can’t live this way anymore. I finally slept but every time I do I wake up to a nightmare. All I see is her face and I just can’t do it anymore Tara.”

“So what do you want to do about it? Turn yourself in?’ she asked him. He pulled away from her and got up, walking closer to where he had said the body of the young girl was.’ Matt?”

“We got together a few nights ago and we were hanging out and we got bored. He just said we were going out and ended up at the park. She was walking home and he just walked up to her like he knew her. She did. His parents are friends with hers. He said that we would walk her home but we didn’t.” Matt explained. Tara didn’t say anything ,just listened.

“When we got by the bridge he told her to go down there for a bit because he saw something and she did, like the stupid little girl she was, she did because she trusted him. When she was down there he went up behind her and he hit her in the head with a rock.’ He said as he picked up a rock himself as she continued to talk,’ she fell down and landed in the creek, just short of the opening from under the bridge. He yelled at me to grab anything she had with her and he took her body. We walked down here and he laid her down…he told me to do so I did it. I’m a weak person Tara.” He said with a lame smile.

“Did you…are you the one who?” she tried to ask, but she choked up on her words. He didn’t answer her right away but she did see his eyes become watery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Timber Creek- Part 4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1