The Scribes

Short Stories and Poems of all different generes by aspiring authors A. R. Laine and Sophii

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Random Writing #3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SophiiJones
Admin

PostSubject: Random Writing #3   Mon May 17, 2010 3:40 am

(c) This is the original work of author Sophii Jones and is not to be copied or replicated by anyone without permission from the author or the Scribes site.

Endless waves rush over each other, racing for the beach and finding my feet. I can’t remember what day it is, but I can remember your face. It’s all I see.
Is it too much to hope that you’re on the other side. Standing at the edge of the beach and watching the darkening horizon for me too?
And when night finally falls, I watch the moon light glitter across the surf and pretend you’re here beside me. The only proof you even existed is in my mind.
But even my deepest thoughts can’t keep me warm at night. The sound of you’re voice is fading with the dawn and I’m struggling to hold on.
You said forever like it was obvious. But where is forever now?
That’s the beautiful thing about words…they don’t have to be true.
After I had traveled so far, I expect more. I’m left with nothing but memories and a brightening horizon. They say with a new day comes a fresh start, but can’t I just look for you all over again?
It’s going out, that fire you lit deep inside me. It’s disappearing more and more with every new, lonely morning.
I know what they say. They say I should turn my back to the waves and blaze a new trail, one that you will never know of.
I’ve tried. Oh god, I’ve tried.
But then I hear your voice again, whispering promises over the water, so I wait. Maybe I’ll always be waiting, always watching the horizon shift from dawn to dusk. At least I’ll know I tried…
…are you trying, too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Random Writing #3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1