The Scribes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scribes

Short Stories and Poems of all different generes by aspiring authors A. R. Laine and Sophii

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arlaine
Admin
arlaine

Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1   Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:09 pm

A car pulled threw the large iron gates to Woodrow-Moore Academy. It was a black town car with dark tented windows. Around the main door to the school, kids were walking from their dorms to their classes. The school had a yearly enrollment of 186 students and the student that had just pulled into the main courtyard of the school made it 187. The car stopped just in front of the stone steps and the door was gently pushed opened. Out of the car walked a dark, raven haired, fair skinned girl. She walked up the steps with a backpack over her shoulder.

When she had made her way into the school, she found the office and was given her class schedule by the secretary. The new girl turned on the heel of her shoe and left the office, walking down the long hallway that was now empty. The bell had rang as she had been walking threw the doorway of the school.

Her first class of the day was English with Mr. Holcomb in room C4. When she had found the correct room she grabbed the door knob and turned it, opening it quickly. She was shy and wanted to get the first day at a new school over with. When she entered the room the teacher stopped what he was saying mid sentence and turned towards the door.

“Ah finally, it’s so nice for you to show up Miss Liester. Class this is the new student that will be joining us Alexis Liester. Would you care to take a seat or would you like to take your time in reaching that destination too?” Mr. Holcomb said with a rude tone. Alexis blushed, as if her first day wasn’t traumatic enough because she was running late, but then had to be completely embarrassed by a teacher. She made a mental note to herself; don’t be late to English ever! The teacher handed her a large book and waved her off.

She hurried to her seat and sat behind a snotty looking blond headed girl and beside her sat a gorgeous tall dirty blond guy. He turned his head and smiled just after she sat in the uncomfortable wooden seat. His smile made her blush but it quickly disappeared when the blond in front of her turned around with a smug look on her face. Her lips were coloured bright red that made her eyes darker then they were. Alexis told her before she left this morning that she was going to be tougher then she was at her last school. She refused to get walked all over this time.

“Can I help you?” Alexis asked as she crossed her arms in front of her. Out of the corner of her eye she could see that the cutie next door was still eyeing what was happening.

“I’m Madison Jones, that thing over there that is drooling over you is my moronic boyfriend Sammie DeMaris.” She said pointing to the guy who Alexis was ogling.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” Alexis said.

“So what brings you to our…humble academy?” Sammie whispered across the path between the desks.

“My father got a transfer for his job.”

“So where is your family? Parents only send their kids here for two reasons. They’re trouble makers like Sammie here or they need to get rid of you for a while.” Madison said.

“Second one.” Alexis said as she tapped her pencil on her opened English book. She explained that her father had a job in Japan and they didn’t want to take her along. Woodrow-Moore was a huge change for her because she had only been in public schools until now.

“Miss Liester would you like to share your story with everyone?” the teacher asked. Alexis said that she didn’t, politely of course, and she kept her mouth shut for the rest of the class period. She felt a huge relief when the bell rang signaling the end of class. Her next class was History. Hopefully she could enjoy that class, proving she had a teacher who wasn’t terrifying because she loved History. Alexia gathered her things, threw her backpack over her right shoulder and walked out of the classroom following Madison and Sammie.

“So public school, what’s that like?” Sammie asked as they walked down the hall that was now full of students. He held out his hand, pointing out that he wanted her class schedule. She handed him the yellow paper.

“It was…fine. Nothing different from here I’m sure other then the dress code and the lesson plans.” Alexis said as Madison and Sammie laughed.

“Well I’m sure you’ll meet some great people here, find me at lunch and I’ll introduce you to some people. Sammie make sure our new friend makes it to her next class okay?” Madison asked after she pecked Sammie on the cheek. Alexis couldn’t help but to look at Sammie and continue to think; how gorgeous is he?

“So how long have you and Madison been going out?” she asked as he walked with her down the hall, not knowing if they were even headed in the right direction, but not caring.

“Long enough, I was friends with Ethan first but Madison wanted me and what Madison wants, Madison gets.” Sammie said as he made gestures with his hands. He used his hands a lot when he talked and that kept her in some sort of hypnotic trance.
“Ethan?” she asked.

“That’s Madison’s older brother. You’ll probably meet him at lunch…if he’s there.” Sammie said with a smug look on his face as if he was hiding a juicy secret.

“Where else would he be?”

“Ethan is a ladies man. If he’s not around then chances are he is with some random girl.” He explained. Just the thought of someone being with everyone made her slightly ill to the stomach. It was probably because the whole STD thing was pushed into her head at such a young age the very thought of having sex in the first place made her a little squeamish. Sammie noticed the fearful look on Alexis’ face and smiled.

“Uh…are you a…” he started to ask a question but didn’t finish because he didn’t want to be rude.

“What?”

“Are you a v?” he asked. Alexis looked puzzled as she stopped by a group of lockers, hugging her books close to her chest. She was a bit perplexed about his question. She didn’t know if she should tell him or not. It wasn’t just the fact he was damn near a stranger, but he was also a guy. Were girls supposed to tell guys that information? These were the times Alexis hated that her parents had always kept her so isolated from the world.

“Um…” was all that Alexis could say and that was what he needed to hear; he had his answer. He lent beside her on the lockers with his arms crossed and a cocky grin on his face. He finally pointed behind him and smiled.

“That’s Mr. Kellermen’s History class. After this class is lunch, you go down this hall and turn right. The cafĂ© will be there and well be at the tables in there. Hope I see you there Miss Liester.” Sammie said as he pulled up Alexis’ hand and gently planted a kiss on her hand.

As he walked off Alexis noticed three girls across the hall snicker as they walked off as well. She turned towards the door and walked in, not knowing what the rest of the first day held for her.
Back to top Go down
Rachellynn

PostSubject: Re: Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1   Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm very interested to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
arlaine
Admin
arlaine

PostSubject: Re: Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1   Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Oh you will! I have plenty of things I can add to the story and I have an idea but for the second part I'm gonna do some major brain storming to put it all together but I hope that you and everyone else likes it! It's something different besides a story about the paranormal so I'm hoping that this works out well for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1   Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Story-Private Lives, Private Lies Part 1
Page 1 of 1